Stay at Home Arrangement Helper
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: We have chair seating instead of pews so that we can have our chairs spaced according to social distancing guidelines. Callaway-Jones staff will be wearing masks and we recommend you do as well. Facilities are disinfected after each service. Social distancing guidelines are recommended. If a guest is coughing, sneezing, or has a fever they will need to step out of the event. The safety and health of your family and guests, and our staff, is of the utmost importance. You can click here to read more about the City of Bryan Executive Orders.
We built this “Stay At Home Arrangement Helper” to help our families during this time of coronavirus pandemic. If you have recently lost a loved one or will soon, our directors will conduct a phone conference with you to help guide and walk you through this journey. We are and will continue to be 100% dedicated to our families with the very best service and quality available in our community.
Our director will schedule a time and this page will serve as an agenda for your phone conference.
There are various items that will need to be discussed during the time of the phone conference. We have categorized them into six groups:
- Information Needed
- Statistical information
- Social security number
- Cemetery information
- Family contact information
- Life insurance policy information
- Click here to complete vital statistic details: CallawayJones.com/basic-vitals
- This information is required to begin the documentation and death certificate process
- Decisions You Will Have To Make
- Casket Burial or Cremation
- Which cemetery for the burial of the casket or urn
- Would you like a viewing (limited to 125 family and guests at 40% occupancy)
- Would you like a celebration of life or funeral service (limited to 125 family and guests at 40% occupancy)
- Would you like a graveside (no limit, social distancing is recommended)
- Would you like a memorial service (limited to 125 family and guests at 40% occupancy)
- Any services at a church or other place of gathering will be restricted by their own guidelines
- Would you like a public Celebration of Life at a later date
- Will you have your pastor or our Certified Celebrant officiate: Learn about our Celebrant
- Any special music
- Merchandise selections
- Would you like the service recorded and/or streamed on our Facebook Live?
- Would you like to publish an obituary in the newspaper
- Selections for the Service:
- Select Burial or Cremation Package: By phone, the Funeral Director can navigate you through the available packages
- Cremation Private Viewers: View Containers for Private Viewing
- Cremation Urns: View our Urn Catalog
- Casket Selection: View Available Caskets
- Burial Vault Selection: View Available Vaults
- Floral Selections: View Flowers from our Partnered Florist
- 3rd Party Fees (Optional): View Possible 3rd Party Charges
- Sign Forms
- Embalming Authorization: Click to sign
- Embalming Refusal: Click to sign
- Authorization for Cremation: Click to sign
- Disclosure Form: Click to sign
- After all selections are made we will complete the contract and email it to you for electronic signature.
- Once we have prepared the initial Death Certificate Document we will email it to you for signature.
- Things You Need To Bring To Funeral Home
- Clothing: undergarments, clothing, jewelry:
- Veteran Discharge papers if applicable
- Life Insurance Policy if paying with assignment
- Payment by check or cash if not paying over the phone with credit card. If you need to apply for financing Click Here.
If you bring anything of these items to the Funeral Center please let us know when you are out front under the drive through and we will come outside and receive these items.