Administrative/Office Assistant/Hospitality Greeter
Come join our team! We are growing and need the perfect person to greet our guests and answer phones in our BRAND NEW beautiful lobby and Funeral Center! PLEASE share this with anyone you think might have interest. Family atmosphere as a Locally owned company.
This position is generally the first point of contact for our company with the public. You will interact on the telephone and in person with client families and must be courteous, professional and helpful. You will provide administrative support to families, funeral directors, managers and co-workers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Compassion, Care and Growth in performing all aspects of position.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with families, co-workers and management.
- Provide first point of contact with the public. Answer telephones in a professional manner; greet families and ensure their comfort.
- Responsible for making certain the funeral home is “family ready” at any given time. Maintains cleanliness of the reception area, conference rooms, viewing rooms, chapel, restrooms, and administrative areas within the funeral home.
- Be a conduit of information in and out of the funeral home.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate office supplies are on hand.
- Assist in the administrative side of completing, checking for accuracy and filing of the necessary forms and documents associated with death including insurance, social security, military, death certificates, etc.
- Provide administrative support for funeral directors and managers regarding memorial packages including: creating/designing and printing memorial books, acknowledgement cards, memorial folders, stationery, bulletins, tribute videos etc.
- Remain current with all technology the company provides to enhance job efficiency.
- May be primary person responsible for scheduling support staff for services. May also serve as liaison between support staff and funeral directors, acting as conduit of information regarding services, family needs, special requests, meetings and special events, etc.
- Working with client families to prepare and submit obituaries to local and non-local newspapers.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Other business related duties as assigned.
- Light housekeeping to keep the facilities and grounds in perfect order. This includes keeping work areas tidy and general straightening up. We do have a weekly professional cleaning service.
- Assistance with daytime funeral and memorial services may be required.
- Assistance with setting up equipment for services and visitations, tables, table cloths, coffee/water/refreshments, family display items, etc.
- Work hours 6-8 hrs per day, Monday-Friday. We are also open to considering the position as a part-time 3 days a week position.
The above duties are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities for this position nor are they intended to be a listing of prerequisite skills and abilities. The purpose of this job description is to describe the general nature of the position.
- Minimum of one year of similar or related experience.
- Intermediate office skills including computer, digital equipment, company software.
- Good people skills with ability to relate to a wide range of people
- A compassion for helping families during a difficult time in their lives
- Attention to detail with effective written and verbal communication skills very essential.
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to organize and prioritize work load.
- Ability to work under time constraints and conform with established schedules and deadlines
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Competitive Salary or Hourly Pay Based on Experience
Please inquire by emailing your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org